The Busy Mom’s Guide To Getting Organized
Finally… The truth is revealed. Here’s how to manage your home, family, paper and time while staying sane!
Getting organized is the key to keeping busy moms sane. As a professional organizer (and mother of two active boys), Sara Pedersen shares her favorite tips and easy processes to guide you to an organized, efficient, happy life. This 32-page booklet will teach you to organize your time, your clutter, your kids, and the abundance of paper and other things in your busy life.
Here are 5 tips from the booklet:
- Time yourself so you can be realistic about how long things take. For example, how long does it take to get ready in the morning, or drive from point A to point B? It often takes longer than you think!
- Keep an “out the door” kid bag packed, stocked, and ready to go. Pack whatever is age appropriate for your kids, such as diapers, wipes, snacks, water/juice, toys, books, etc.
- Make organizing a part of each day. Let kids know that they need to be responsible for their own possessions. Teach children how to pick up after themselves. It’s important to show kids that every item they own has a “home” where it needs to return when they’re done using it.
- Start an Art of the Month Club. Have kids select one piece of their artwork each month to give to family and friends. (Grandparents love this idea!)
- Always keep a donation box easily accessible in one of your closets. Regularly toss in clothes that are too small or toys that are underappreciated.
You’ll find over 75 more tips in the booklet “The Busy Mom’s Guide to Getting Organized.”
Booklet: Single copy
$5 plus $1 shipping (The booklet will be shipped by US Postal Mail and should arrive within 3-5 days. U.S. orders only, please.)
Booklet: Pack of 25
$100 plus $10 shipping (A $40 savings!) (The booklets will be shipped by Priority Mail and should arrive within 3-5 days. U.S. orders only, please.)
Booklet: Pack of 10
$45 plus $5 shipping (The booklets will be shipped by Priority Mail and should arrive within 3-5 days. U.S. orders only, please.)
Other quantity discounts are available. We can also customize this booklet for your company as a promotional give-away item. Please e-mail Time to Organize for details.
Organizing Your Time
- Selecting Your Calendar
- Task Management
- Time Tips
- Reflections on Time
The Art of Organizing
- Find the Right Spot for Your Stuff
- Clutter Control
- Abundance Overload
- Clearing Closet Clutter
- Kitchen and Bath Harmony
- Must-Do Organizing Tips
Getting Kids Organized
- Establish Routines
- Artwork Overload
- Organized for School
- Decluttering Kids
- Terrific Travel Time
- Just Do It
- Quick Paper Tips
- The “P” Word: Procrastination
I have been giving these booklets to prospective clients in my folder of information that I give when I do an assessment. People love them! And it also helps me feel that I’m giving them something tangible — besides my expertise, of course! — since I charge for my assessments.
— Lisa S. Griffith, The Organized Way